Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Creating Immersive Learning Environments with Mixed Media

Notes from presentation by David Jakes... Tools for the classroom: YouTube, slideshare, Google Streetview, Flickr, Issuu, Scribd, Jing, Voicethread, Voki, RSS and del.icious.us, Slide.com, Wordle... I need to figure these out. Basic advice: FIND Resource (above) - COPY Embed Code - find Platform (Google Earth, Wikis) to display it in See all his presentations at Slide Share (David Jakes) Voki is so cool...you can create an avatar that speaks the words you type in. A funky way to give students instructions or lecture (not that I lecture, really), but interesting and fun nonetheless. I'm sure the kids will LOVE that. Maybe we could use that in broadcasting. I could also create an avatar that talks to Bella (my daughter)...she would love having a cartoon talk to her like it knows her. I could freak my husband out with that ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment